Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cocktails and Canapes

Sorry for the delay in posts...I don't really have a valid excuse so am not going to try to make one up. I hope that you will forgive me though(Miss Tasha, that includes you too). With that off my chest, and my consciousness repaired, lets get to the Pre-Launch party for M.A.C's summer line "To The Beach."


I went to the sneak peek event with my friend (Mandy). We both got drenched and beat by the rain because it has been a very rainy season in New York. The event was fabulous, we had so much fun eating, trying out the new line and getting makeup tips from other attendees. There were many things I liked about the event and it wasn't just the line.

The "To The Beach" consists of 28 products, 2 brushes and 1 beach bag. The eye shadows and body oil were by far my favorites. The five eye shadows consists of 3 veluxe pearls, 1 frost, and 1 matte. I must admit that the veluxe pearl eye shadows are very pigmented and you only need to apply just a little for the color to pop. The colors are vibrant, and will definitely get you noticed. I know one eye shadow that I will be wearing this summer will be "sweet and punchy, a vibrant lime green, that make my brown eyes pop.
Some of the other things I liked at the event was this fabulous iced cobra head ring worn by a very nice attendee, who did not hesitate to give Mandy and I some makeup tips.
Another, were these beautiful earrings worn by one of M.A.C's makeup artist. I should have asked where she got them. I will investigate...lol
And finally the food; it was delicious since we were starving upon arrival.

Wearing my beautiful necklace, made at the event by a very handsome model.
The handsome model who made my necklace, with my directions of course.
one of the ingredients for my necklace





Although I only walked away with only one item from "To The Beach" line (Bronze Body Oil), the food, the people, the line and the atmosphere were the perfect combination for a rainy day in NYC. Check out the new line, when it arrives on Thursday, May 27 2010. I know that I will definitely be going back to pick up a few more products.

F21 jacket, earrings and bodysuit; HM pants and belt

No comments:

Post a Comment